Saturday, May 14, 2011

Yay!

I'm happy to report that I made it back to Weight Watchers on my usual day - Saturdays - and sat for the meeting for the first time in 3 weeks! The last 2 weeks, I've gone on Friday morning and just weighed myself, but didn't stay for the meeting. I was glad to be back and enjoyed hearing other people's stories and how they handle different situations in their weight loss journeys.

I am also happy to report that I lost 2.6 this week! I was definitely surprised that I lost so much, but I knew I had lost something. I was expecting closer to a 1 pound loss, but of course will gladly accept the 2.6! Because last week I had gained 0.6, technically I lost 2 pounds this week to even everything out. That makes for a 12 pound loss so far and I couldn't be happier with that!

I hope to continue the weight loss trend over the next few weeks. My (very) short-term goal has been to reach 20 pounds lost by June 8th when I go to Josh Groban's concert here in Georgia (I'm going to three, actually - the other two in North Carolina the same week! SO excited! But if you know me, you already knew that........)

I am not sure if it's feasible to lose another 8 pounds before then, though. That would average about 2 pounds per week to reach that goal. I think it's probably more doable that I'll reach 16-18 pounds lost by then, but I will keep my goal at 20. "Aim for the moon, and you'll at least land on a star..." Something like that, right?

Today at WW, I bought another cookbook. I really enjoyed the last cookbook but I think I've exhausted it and found all my favorite recipes in there already, so it was time to get some new ones to experiment with. Later today or tomorrow morning, I plan to write out our grocery list and get some new meals on the menu for the week. I'll let everyone know what we decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment