Monday, May 2, 2011

OH...MY...GAWD! Must-Try Recipes!!!

Okay, I am thanking sweet baby Jesus in a manger for making that Thanksgiving Meatloaf for dinner tonight. It seriously changed my life, forever. I will never be the same. That stuff is the most delicious meatloaf I've ever tasted, and super moist (ew, I don't like that word). Let's not forget about the Cauliflower mashed potatoes!! Didn't even know I wasn't eating mashed potatoes! Promise!! Perfect side to the meatloaf, and guilt-free because it's really VEGGIES! It's genius people.

So, even though I already put the Thanksgiving Meatloaf recipe in my post from this morning, I'll repost it here and include the recipe for the Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. Both are WW recipes. My only suggestion - DOUBLE the mashed potato recipe so that you'll have leftovers to go with your leftover meatloaf!

Thanksgiving Meatloaf - 7 points per serving (makes 6 servings)

Ingredients



16 oz Perdue 93/7 lean ground turkey
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
1 tsp Bell's Seasoning
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 medium stalks celery, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 TBSP fat free chicken broth
1 cup Stove Top cornbread stuffing mix, dry (unprepared)
1 (16 oz) can Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce

Instructions



Mix together turkey, egg, Bell's seasoning and 8 oz of cranberry sauce.

Saute onion, carrot, celery and garlic in nonstick fry pan with chicken broth.

Combine dry stuffing mix with vegetables, add to turkey mixture and mix until all ingredients are combined.

Pat into loaf pan and top with remaining 8 oz of cranberry sauce.

Bake at 350 for one hour, let loaf sit for a few minutes before slicing; slice into 6 pieces.
---

Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes - 2 points per serving (makes about four 1/2-cup servings, but you'll want more than just the half cup!)

Ingredients



8 oz cauliflower, florets

3 small uncooked Yukon Gold potato(es), peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 10 oz)

2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), peeled

1 tsp table salt, divided

1/4 cup(s) low-fat milk

2 tsp butter

1/8 tsp black pepper

1 Tbsp chives, fresh, snipped

Instructions

  • Place cauliflower, potatoes, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover ingredients and bring to a boil. Boil until vegetables are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain and return to saucepan.

  • Stir in milk, butter, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in chives and serve. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
Let me know what you think!! Don't forget, double the mashed potato recipe!

1 comment:

  1. OK, I am totally intrigued by these recipes now. Thank you for sharing them! If I ever feel like cooking again (LOL) I will definitely be trying them!

    I also had to LOL at your disgust with the word "moist." I have a cousin who despises that word, as well, so I always take advantage of any opportunities to use it around her (along with all of her other hated words, haha).

    ReplyDelete