Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Week...

Hello, Monday, nice to see you.

It was a busy weekend with a few occasions of having to eat foods that I was uncertain of point values and portions, but I made wise decisions (I think) and did my best and certainly didn't let it spiral into an unhealthy pattern. It is Monday and I'm back on track. Yesterday was actually a good day, too, counting my points and recording everything I ate.

This morning I went to Aqua Fit at 9:00 and once again, enjoyed it. My muscles feel worked and my whole body has an overall warm feeling that is telling me I *did* something, which is good! I'm noticing some clothing differences -- things fitting looser, and fitting into a couple of things that I couldn't fit into just a few weeks ago. So, all in all I'm feeling happy and motivated to continue this journey and keep seeing those changes!

I am throwing a baby shower on Saturday this week, so unfortunately it may interfere with my regular WW meeting again, unless I'm really set up for the shower and have some time to kill. It looks like I may weigh-in again on Friday just to make sure I'm accountable since it's not convenient this Saturday, but I'll know more about that as the week progresses. I'm looking forward to my weekends getting back to normal after Mother's Day. I shouldn't have anything too important that will get in the way of my meetings, which I enjoy and need to help me stay on track and get new ideas.

I feel like having lost 10 pounds, I'm probably to a point where 1 pound loss per week is reasonable to expect. I am not expecting big losses anymore right now, but who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised? I will certainly try my best. I would be really happy with 2 pounds a week for the next month so that I can reach my 20 pound weight loss goal by June 8th - the Josh Groban concert!! Gotta look hot for my musician man! LOL A photo opportunity could happen since I have front row tickets & special VIP stuff included, so I want to feel really great about myself! 20 pounds is the goal!

For meals this week (including last night) I have planned:

  • NY strips, baked sweet potatoes, and broccoli
  • Thanksgiving Meatloaf with Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"
  • Crockpot Lasagna
  • Grilled chicken sandwiches with Spring Salad & soft goat cheese
  • Whole wheat linguine pasta with seared chicken, broccoli, and olive oil

I am still debating what meal to make for tonight. I'm thinking the Thanskgiving Meatloaf sounds good. Here's the recipe:

Thanksgiving Meatloaf

Ingredients

16 oz Perdue 93/7 lean ground turkey
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
1 tsp Bell's Seasoning
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 medium stalks celery, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 TBSP fat free chicken broth
1 cup Stove Top cornbread stuffing mix, dry (unprepared)
1 (16 oz) can Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce

Instructions

Mix together turkey, egg, Bell's seasoning and 8 oz of cranberry sauce.

Saute onion, carrot, celery and garlic in nonstick fry pan with chicken broth.

Combine dry stuffing mix with vegetables, add to turkey mixture and mix until all ingredients are combined.

Pat into loaf pan and top with remaining 8 oz of cranberry sauce.

Bake at 350 for one hour, let loaf sit for a few minutes before slicing; slice into 6 pieces.
---

I will need to calculate the points for the whole recipe, then divide it by 6 for the portions. I think it's going to be relatively low points since the only thing to consider is the turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing mix.

That's all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment