Sunday, May 8, 2011

This Week's Plan

Hello again. :o) Just wanted to get myself mentally organized for the week with my plan for getting back on the wagon.

For breakfast this week, I'm going to get back to my Greek yogurt. I took a break from it last week and well, obviously didn't have good results. This week I'm going to try adding some cocoa powder, Splenda, and raspberries. We bought a huge thing of raspberries from Costco and they are delish. It will be a very low point breakfast, but filling. Looking forward to that tomorrow morning.

For dinners this week, we will be having:
  • WW Chimichangas (this recipe has been one we've repeated several times. We never get sick of it and it's SO easy and quick to make)
  • Slaw-topped "Pulled" Pork Sandwiches with Sweet Potatoes (this is a WW recipe we've never tried - I will let you know how it goes. Sounded yummy with the warm weather here.
  • Turkey Burgers with Salad (burgers topped with avocado slices & pico de gallo)
  • Pork Tenderloin with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes (may add a salad or some broccoli as a side - but the mashed potatoes give us veggies & starch in one!)

Tonight we made whole wheat spaghetti with seared broccoli & sliced chicken. Add a drizzle (okay, 2 teaspoons....) of olive oil to each portion and some grated Parmesan cheese. It was very good, as usual. One of our go-to pasta recipes. The whole dinner, including pasta (1 cup), chicken (3 oz), broccoli, olive oil, and cheese was 11 points.

I also have No Pudge Brownies currently baking in the oven, so I can get my chocolate fix during the week as needed. ;o) I was going to make a snack tonight to have ready for the week, but hubby couldn't find it at the store. Apparently, Kroger didn't have Kale in any form or fashion. I need to get a bag of pre-packaged Kale and what you do is lay it out on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil (or olive oil spray), Kosher salt, pepper, and you bake it until they're crisp like "chips." You can snack on them all day long for ZERO points (if you use the spray) or if you used the oil and ate everything in one sitting (not likely) it would be 2 points for everything. So, looks like I'll need to make a Publix run.

Tomorrow morning I'll be getting back to Aqua Fit. I will go tomorrow, Wednesday, and then work the machines on Friday. I hope to increase my calories burned on Friday to 300 because last week it was 250. So far, increasing by 50 calories each week on Fridays has been doable.

That's the plan!

1 comment: